I Saw You Reading

Inspiration

I’ll admit that I’m a sucker for motivational quotes, videos, commercials, books, etc.  Gotta’ share some of my favorites here.  [Sadly, many of these are blocked at school, but you can check them out at home.]

First,  I came across this quote and thought about how important it is that my torch burns for young people coming into my classroom.  For so many of them, this school might be the only place a torch is lit for them.

“I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as I live it is my privilege — my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I love. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me; it is a sort of splendid torch which I’ve got a hold of for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.”  ~George Bernard Shaw (speech in Brighton, 1907)

Favorite Video Clips:

People Who Get It:

Just Be Nice:

Quotes:

• We don’t have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in the process of change.  Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world. ~Howard Zinn
  • We need to help younger people recognize their own capacity to do good, and help them discover the rewards of generosity. ~Bill Clinton
  • If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more & become more, you are a leader. ~Twitterbrarian

Acceptance